It is really shocking that only three per cent of Indian households are paid subscribers of video streaming platforms in India whereas in US, the corresponding figure is 59 per cent.
The data is according to a new global market study released recently that was done over 2017.
As the research from Boston-based Strategy Analytics’ TV and Media Strategies service indicates, the number of households worldwide, which pay for various streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon, has now reached the 250 million mark.
The report, Home Video and OTT Video Forecast – Global, predicts that the number of homes paying for subscriptions to streaming video services will reach nearly 300 million by the end of 2018 and more than 450 million by 2022.
The report also finds that average monthly household spending on streaming video services increased by 5 per cent in 2017 to $9.46 and the total number of streaming video subscriptions reached 345 million by the end of 2017.
In this research, according to an official statement, pay-TV-like services such as NowTV and DirecTV Now were not included. Major services analysed included Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, IVI.ru, Hulu, Viu and iFlix.
It is seen that the low percentage of paid subscribers for streaming or OTT services in India could be because India has always been a price sensitive market for entertainment services. And, most homegrown OTT platforms’ services are only partially or not at all behind a paywall.
OnePlus leads in premium smartphone segment in India with 37% market share
India’s smartphone market is currently a key battleground for several smartphone makers from China, Taiwan, and South Korea. As per IDC Q3 report, Xiaomi tops the Indian smartphone market with 27.3 percent share in the third quarter this year. The company shipped 11.7 million units in this quarter and leads the first position. Company’s Redmi 5A and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro continued to be the most selling smartphones in India. To recall, earlier this week Xiaomi hiked the prices of some of their products including budget smartphones Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A.
South Korean giant, Samsung took No 2 in the smartphone segment with a 22.6% share. Samsung registered an annual growth of 4.8 percent in 3Q18 at the back of its ‘Infinity’ series model ‘Galaxy J6‘ followed by Galaxy J2 (2018), J8, J4 and the recently launched Android Go Model Galaxy J2 core with a middling demand, as per the IDC report.
Vivo shipped 4.5 million units and took the 3rd position with a 10.5 percent share whereas the Micromax sold 2.9 million units with a 6.9 percent share and took the 4th position. While the Oppo managed to get the 5th position, sold 2.9 million units with a 6.7 percent share.
With a 2.1 percent (YoY) growth, the feature phone market registered shipments of 43.1 million units in the 3Q 2018. Shipments for Jio Phone continued to decline as the vendor focused on clearing existing channel inventory, the report added.
Coming to the premium end of the market (above Rs 30,000), another popular Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus leads the premium smartphone segment with the OnePlus 6, surpassing Samsung and Apple in the third quarter. OnePlus captured 37 percent of the total market share in the segment, followed by Apple at 30 percent and Samsung with 26 percent.
Earlier this week, the company announced the OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple edition and it will be available on Amazon India, OnePlus online store, OnePlus exclusive offline stores, Reliance Digital and Croma outlets from November 16. Talking about the price, the company has priced at Rs 41,999. Meanwhile, the specs packed inside the OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple is also the same as the other variants.
According to the report, the Indian smartphone market reached an all-time high of 42.6 million unit shipments in Q3 2018, endorsing a growth of 9.1 percent year-on-year (YoY). The rise has been attributed to price cuts of the smartphone during festive season sales on e-tailers and offers like zero or low-cost EMIs, buyback guarantees, cashback on debit/credit cards.
5 Steps to Create a Successful Blog Content Strategy
If you want to create a successful content strategy for your blog, you should be ready to work hard. You shouldn’t expect that you will be able to cope with this task in a day.
You should put your time and efforts into designing a perfect plan, which will help you to make your blog popular. If you want to know what steps you should take to achieve your ambitious goals, just keep reading.
Know Your Readers
Do you really know who your readers are? How can you describe a regular visitor of your blog? If all you can say is “a housewife around the age of 35-45”, then you know nothing about your target audience.
You should conduct a market research and find out more details. You should get answers to the following questions before creating new content:
- What background knowledge do your readers have? Do they understand jargon and slang? Or do they prefer formal language?
- In which way your target audiences search for information online? For instance, what actions do housewives take to find a new recipe? Do they start the search from visiting a favorite culinary blog, watching video recipes on YouTube, or googling?
- What kind of device do they usually use: PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone?
- At which time do they usually visit your blog? Will it be better to publish your new articles in the morning on Monday or at night on Friday?
If you want to make your blog content strategy works effectively, you should find the low competition keywords for your niche. You can do it with the help of Google Keyword Planner or alternative services like Uber suggest, Keyword Tool, KWFinder.
First of all, you should make a list of 10-15 short tail keywords, which brightly describe the major ideas of your blog. For example, if you create a food blog, you can choose words combination such as “healthy desserts”, “easy dessert recipes”, “vegan cake”, etc.
After that, you can continue your research and make a list of the long tail keywords, which consist of more than 3 words. For example, let’s choose such phrases as “delicious healthy dessert for diabetics”, “easy dessert recipes for beginners”,“vegan vanilla cake with strawberries”. Long tail keywords work perfectly when you need to target a specific niche rather than wide audiences.
Learn SEO Rules
Do you know why some remarkable blogs fail? The answer is simple – because their creators ignore SEO principles. Every day lots of the interesting blog posts get lost on the vast expanses of the World Wide Web.
If you want to make sure that Google will rank your article high, you should follow these rules:
- Don’t use long sentences. Perfect length of a sentence is 10-20 words.
- Break your texts into the sections. Make your blog post scannable.
- Add catchy subheadings. It helps to improve readability.
- Keep paragraphs short. 2-3 sentences per paragraph are enough.
- Avoid passive voice. Sentences which are written in active voice simplify the text.
If you have no time to learn how SEO works, you can check the writing and editing service reviews, and find a reliable content provider. If you can’t write high-quality SEO blog posts by yourself, it’s better to delegate this job to the professionals.It will save your content strategy from fiasco.
Another way to improve the ranking of your blog is to incorporate link building strategy. There are two types of links: inbound and outbound (backlinks). They both are very important for your blog promotion.
You should consider every article as an essential part of your content strategy. Every new page should be linked with the existing ones.
For example, writing a post “10 gift ideas for your wife”, you can insert an inbound link to your old post “How to choose a perfume for a woman”.You should help your readers to find more useful information on your blog. In this way, you will encourage them to stay at your web page for longer.
If other authoritative and trustful sources will post content with backlinks to your blog, it will help you to increase both referral and organic traffic. It will make Google trust your page and, consequently, rank it higher.
Create Unique Content
Fortunately, there are a lot of modern tools and services, which facilitate the work of content creators. They help to create texts and visual elements in times faster and easier.
- Top Essay Writing. You can use this tool to get high-quality textual content. Even if the deadlines are tight, you will receive great posts on time.
- Pexels. This is a free photo stock, from where you can get images for your blog posts.
- Canva. Use this online service, if want to create original infographics. The intuitive user interface will help you to make your job in a few minutes.
- Clip Champ. This is an online video editor. It allows to control audio, add filters, crop the video, insert texts and images.
- Trust My Paper. Check this service, when you need to edit and proofread your texts. Professional writers will revise your blog post and correct all grammar mistakes and typos.
If you want to create a successful blog content strategy, you should be very attentive to details. You should know what your audience wants and what Google requires. This is the only way to make everything right.
Sometimes it’s pretty hard to simultaneously satisfy the needs of both people and searching engine. You need some time to learn how to cope with this task. You should practice more in content creation and then you will achieve your goals.
13 Winning Indian Startups of Next Big Idea 2018 which will Travel to Canada
Zone Startups India, a leading startup accelerator in India, has been operating the annual Next BIG Idea (NBI) Contest for the past 5 years. The Next BIG Idea contest presents an opportunity to tech startups from India, to tap into the North American market through a soft landing in Canada. The contest identifies high growth potential Indian startups at an early stage through an application-based process, and acts as a gateway to North America. Through a structured program, the contest winners get to validate their business model, get access to local mentors, corporates, investors and Government Representatives in Canada.
This year, 13 technology startups from a pool of over 1100 applications have been chosen for the Indo-Canada Bilateral Entrepreneurship exchange program and the winners will travel to Canada in November for the 2-week market access program.
This year three startups are supported and funded by kerala start up mission.
The winners of the NBI 2018:
- Appmaker: Appmaker.xyz, Cochin based startup & nominated by Kerala Startup Mission, is shopify for mobile. Create native app maker for Android, iOS and Windows Phone for free. No coding required and get your app within seconds.
- Bitryt Solutions Private Limited: Ernakulam based startup & nominated by Kerala Startup Mission, developed ‘Zero One Media suite’, an integrated media platform which helps to automate the processes of video acquisition, processing, scheduling, distribution, monetization and analytics.
- PerfectFit Systems: Ernakulam based startup & nominated by Kerala Startup Mission, builds 3D scanners and fully automated smart apparel production system for the fashion industry.
- Trendlyne (Giskard Datatech Private Limited): Bengaluru based Trendlyne is a Retail Bloomberg platform for analysts, retail investors and advisors across geographies. Trendlyne makes every stock market data point queryable, and backtestable. It also turns unstructured data (for example, factory closures, auditor resignations) into structured data that can be used in strategies and analyzed.
- Detect Technologies: Chennai based company DeTect Technologies develops the innovative and efficient solutions for the industrial asset monitoring and inspection. With the vision of making the industry safe and efficient, the team of IITM alumni, students and faculty created Detect to build the smart and affordable technology. Right from its inception, DeTect has already achieved market penetration of 80% in Oil & Gas sector in terms of companies in India and predominantly present in many other sectors such as Steel , Power, Chemical and Fertilizer and its story is growing exponentially.
- Oizom Instruments: Ahmedabad based Oizom delivers Environmental Impact Solutions using IoT Technology. The solution acquires Environmental data and further analyses it for actionable insights. The insights acquires Environmental data and further analyses it for actionable insights. The insights empower authorities, communities and industries to take data-driven decisions.
- IBSFINtech India: Bengaluru based IBSFINtech is the market leader in Treasury & Trade Finance solutions provider in India, specializing in innovative, integrated and comprehensive solution for Risk, Treasury and Trade Finance Management.
- Bitonic Technology Labs (Yellow messenger) a Bengaluru based company has developed conversational artificial intelligence channel powering enterprises to Market,Acquire , Service and Support customers on Voice and Messaging.
- Lendfoundry: Bengaluru based company has developed a full stack technology platform for lenders to run lending products digitally.
- Pingal Technologies: Mumbai based company has developed Finalytx – our analytics platform enables simplified & scalable adoption of Data Analytics by decision makers for deriving business insights from enterprise data.
- Relatas: Bangaluru based company Relatas has developed a Sales AI platform that successful B2B sales teams use for Sales Forecasting, Account Management and Sales Execution, using Relationship Intelligence.
- SIBIA Analytics: Kolkata based company has developed Retail inventory optimization through most accurate demand forecasting – using advanced machine learning, offered as SaaS.
- Wobot Intelligence: Delhi based company helps Organisations automate surveillance using Artificial Intelligence.
The Next BIG Idea Contest is an important annual feature of Zone Startups India’s calendar of a bevy of programs, and the team looks at it as an ecosystem development initiative that helps Indian startups gain exposure to international markets.
Best WordPress Membership Plugins to Create a Membership Site
WordPress is so versatile that you can build any kind of site with WordPress these days. One of the most profitable types of the website which you can build with WordPress is the membership site where members of a club, school, or other community subscribe to be part of your website. Fortunately, there are quite a few plugins which can help you create this kind of website. Rather than having to code a membership system from scratch, you can simply use these WordPress membership plugins in order to get your site going.
Of course, you’ll also need an appropriate WordPress membership theme to be able to create a great end-result, you’ll find the following article by CollectiveRay excellent to setup a website for a club.
With numerous such WordPress membership plugins to choose from, it can be a daunting task to pick the right one. That is why we have made the choice is much easier for you. We will list below the top 4 WordPress plugins which you can use in order to create a membership website.
MemberPress is one of the easiest plugins to use when you’re creating a membership site. It helps you in creating the account login system as well as the thank you page for your membership website automatically.
Additionally, you can customize the pricing as well as the account type as well. The plugin is pretty easy to use. As the owner of the membership website, you will get a control panel with the help of which, you can not only control the accounts but the type of content which is accessible to the members.
You can easily integrate it with various auto responders in order to get through to your members in a single go. Additionally, it supports PayPal, as well as Stripe, as a payment method. All in all, if you’re looking for a simple plugin which you can use to create a basic WordPress membership site, you can surely try MemberPress.
LearnDash is the WordPress membership plugin which you should use if you want to create a course membership website with different hierarchies of accounts as well as different membership types.
It provides you with complete options to restrict the content as per the membership type. Additionally, you can sell courses as well as learning material through this plugin.
The content dripping feature is also present in LearnDash. As for integrations, it can be integrated with various popular software suites like MemberPress, bbPress, Slack and even numerous payment gateways. Thus, if you want to provide different membership options to your members, this is the perfect WordPress plugin for you.
Restrict Content Pro
Restrict Content Pro is one of the plugins which seamlessly integrates with the normal user accounts in WordPress. Moreover, it can integrate with payment gateways as well as autoresponders.
S2Member works on the freemium model. The plugin has a basic version which is available for free. However, if you need greater control over your membership site, you can go for the pro version of the plugin. Content dripping is one of the most basic features which is included.
Additionally, you can integrate payment gateways like Paypal, Stripe, Authorize.net. You can also integrate various autoresponders like MailChimp, BuddyPress. The developers have also uploaded detailed documentation highlighting how you can use the plugin easily. In the pro version, you also get email support which helps you use the plugin quite easily.
Free job portal for common man to find a job near to his house
A job portal developed for the common man to find out the job next to his house. The application is now free for the job seekers and is available at a small charge for the employers. The Co-Founder & CEO of Jobveno.com, Ms. Poornima Viswanathan joins Master Brands to brief about their future plans.
Nikhil Raj Natarajan / Poornima Viswanathan
There are so many job portals already available, what is the relevance of your job portal?
There are so many job portals which helps to find out a job for a B-Tech/ MBA holder.They can register in job portals to find out the opportunities. But how about a common man, where he will search for a job? You can’t find a platform which helps the common man to find a job next to his house.
Either he has to migrate to another city / country for a job or has to be satisfied with the job he gets. With Jobveno, he can search for a job which matched his skills and interest and the jobs near to his location will be displayed in a map. He can choose from the map and can contact for further details
What are the job sectors you concentrate?
All job sectors are included in our application. However, we aim to empower the community which are not addressed by other job portals. Around 70000 job seekers of different skill sets have already registered in Jobveno. Blue collar job sectors like driver, plumber, painter, electrician, welder, technician, tailor, beautician, therapist, sales executive, home maids etc are served more through Jobveno.
How easy it is to register in Jobveno? Is there any assistance given to them over phone to register?
It is very easy to register in Jobveno. They can register with very few data and registration is free of charge. A formal resume is not compulsory to be part of Jobveno. We are keeping it free as we want everyone to get a job. With just location and skill sets, we are enabling an account in Jobveno.
How about the employers, What are the packages you offer to them?
We only have one package now. We allow unlimited database view and unlimited job posting for just Rs.299. The validity is for 30 days. We also allow the employers to post unlimited number of jobs during this period. Employers can directly call the jobseekers using the application.We also have an option to search for a part time employee, which is not allowed most of the jobportals.
The Android application of Jobveno can be downloaded from google playstore, Others may visit www.jobveno.com